Thursday 7 August 2014

Five Go Cycling

I can't help it: five people go for a cycling excursion in Devon with some decoratively retro Pashley bikes - of course my mind was going to turn to Enid Blyton.  The five people in question being my small goddaughter, her even smaller sister, her parents and myself.  My (rented, sadly) bike was lipstick red and it had a basket and a bell.  Oh yes.


Our route took us from Darts Farm (much more than a farm shop, more like a rustic mall) just outside Exeter, along the estuary to Exmouth.


Not being the most coordinated person in the world, taking photos while cycling proved to be a bit ambitious, so apart from these actions shots of Emily, 


mostly I took photos while safely stationary.


Oh, but it was glorious.  The smell of the sea, the smell of the trees, the smell of the wildflowers, the wind in our hair, the prrrring of the bicycle bells.





No ginger beer (or tongue sandwiches, praise the Lord), but we did have gin and ginger ale when we got home - The Famous Five - The Later Years.  Ripping.

No comments:

Post a Comment