Friday 7 February 2014

Can You Visit the Same Place Twice?

Retracing my steps has been a theme of the blog this week, so I thought it appropriate to tie in a hint.  It’s one I came up with last year, when I was in Marseille for a conference. 

I’ve spent quite a bit of time in Marseille over the past five years since my sister moved nearby (along with husband and Adorable Nephews) and I love it – I think it’s one of the most interesting and beautiful cities in Europe.  But I notice in myself a tendency to want to do the same things when I’m in Marseille: I want to have lunch in LesArsenaux, admire the ex-votos and the stunning views at Notre Dame de la Gardeand – if time allows – have a drink at the bar at Le Corbusier’s CiteRadieuse. 


So here’s my new rule (slash hint): for every familiar thing I do when revisiting a place, I’ll do something new as well.  It’s an excellent balance, if I say so myself.

Roof of the Cite Radieuse, Marseille

No comments:

Post a Comment