Friday 21 September 2012

Hints for the Weekend

Today I am flying to Nice.  EVEN THOUGH the realities of air travel are the opposite of glamorous, typing that sentence never fails to make me feel chic and carefree.  Like this lady, in fact:


I'm going to Nice, whence I shall take the Cote d'Azur not-express to Aix, arriving at my very exclusive lodgings just in time for supper.  (I will be sharing a bedroom with my eldest Adorable Nephew - an excellent host, he has offered to share his panda with me and tell me bedtime stories.  Now be honest: did you not just say 'aww'?)  Next week I'm doing an intensive French course, all the better to exprime myself en francais.

Hints for the Weekend:

What to do in Dublin:
Friday night is Culture Night!  Almost enough said.  I would also check out Dublin Parking Day (today) - when parking spaces are transformed into things of beauty.

What to do in the South of France:
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm planning to eat pastries, drink wine, and go to the brocante at l'Isle sur la Sorgue.

What to do anywhere:
Go to see To Rome With Love, Woody Allen's ode to the Eternal City.  (Incidentally, that link takes you to a review by the wise and witty Philip French.)

A bientôt!

No comments:

Post a Comment