Monday 13 August 2012

Ireland or Greece?

No, not some kind of existential challenge, but a new game.  Just look at the following photos and guess whether they were taken in Ireland or in Greece.  Ready to play?











My dears (and the clue is in the fact that I'm wearing jeans and a shirt in the blazing sunshine) they were all taken in Ireland last week.  I threw in the picture of the Orthodox priest as a bluff but it was sheer coincidence that he turned up outside the tiny blue and white church of St Gobban's in Port Bradden just as we were remarking how Greek everything looked.

I spent a couple of days in the North of Ireland last week, working on no. 21 on my Life List: Visit all of Ireland’s inhabited off-shore islands.  I was in the company of my mother, aunt, uncle, assorted cousins as we were also celebrating one big birthday and revisiting childhood haunts.  The sunshine was an unexpected, but glorious, bonus.

More on the island hopping, sunshine and nostalgia to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment