Friday 30 March 2012

Borough Market

Yesterday my friend Fan and I (plus her lovely baby girl) paid a visit to Borough Market. Tucked under the railway arches at London Bridge, the market has grown from a small farmer's market to a sprawling foodie's paradise.

I used to work nearby, and Fan lived nearby, so this was a nostalgic treat for both of us.


First stop: Monmouth Coffee, where baby made friends and helped secure seats.

Then we went around the corner to Neal's Yard Dairy for a nose-clearing inhale of strong cheeses. We resisted the urge to buy all around us, coming away with just a loaf of bread.


We took a tour of the market, me making sure to stick my head into the glorious Brindisa shop because I love their displays so.


And then - well then we decided it would be pure foolishness not to have lunch at Tapas Brindisa since we were nearby. So we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment