Friday 10 June 2011

In Praise of Post/Thoughts on Distance

I just spoke to my mama who told me that the big box I had shipped home from Australia had arrived.

I would like, therefore, to take the opportunity to salute the postal workers of the world.  To send 10kg 17,000km took six working days and cost much less than any courier company quoted me.

The only thing is, that, knowing the box is at home, but I'm still here, is making me a little bit homesick.  Still, not much longer before I'm shipping myself (weighing in at slightly more than 10kg) in the same direction.  You really have to look at the map to appreciate what a long way it is: all the way from the bottom right corner to the top left.
























In fact, it's so far that Google doesn't know what to do about it.



1 comment:

  1. While you applaud the postal services of the world, I would like to encourage them to make their deliveries after 8 am.

    ReplyDelete