Thursday 12 May 2011

Cold Snap
















We had a very pleasant autumn in Melbourne (as you can see from this photo taken a couple of weeks ago.)  So I was in a state of denial about the approach of winter.  I was convinced I could see through my remaining weeks in Australia in my summer wardrobe with the addition of the occasional cardigan, perhaps a pair of tights and my possum fur scarf (which deserves a post of its own).

I may have to go to Plan B.  As The Age reports, yesterday was the coldest May day in Melbourne since 2000.  Snow fell on the Victorian Alps - which, all things considered, might have been funner than the sleet that fell here.

Shopping List:
-Gloves
-Hat
-Boots
-Flannel pyjamas 

1 comment:

  1. You could just strap several hot water bottles to your person which would have the added fun of starting pregnancy rumours...

    ReplyDelete