Tuesday 24 May 2011

Art Collector
















Inspired by Mighty Girl, I have, over the last few months, been working on my own Life List.  One of the entries is 'buy, exchange, or otherwise acquire a piece of art every year'.

With this in mind, and also because I thought it might provide an interesting souvenir of Australia, I attended the Affordable Art Fair in Melbourne on Friday evening.  To begin with, I didn't expect to find anything to buy, but then one piece caught my eye.  It's a print, by an aboriginal artist, and every time I passed it (once, twice, three times) it spoke to me (buy me, buy me, you know you want to!)

I'm not going to post a picture of it here, but it is very colourful, very Australian, very beautiful.  It will remind me of this vivid country every time I look at it.  And if you want to see it - well you'll just have to visit me.

No comments:

Post a Comment