Thursday 10 March 2011

Here's Some Shopping I Did Earlier

If Tuesday was Pancake Tuesday then it follows that yesterday must have been Ash Wednesday and, lo, we are now well and truly in Lent.


For a couple of years now I have given up shopping for non-essentials for Lent.  Bad sentence.  What I mean is, I take the opportunity Lent provides to think about what I really do and don't need.  New shoes, however lovely, are not usually absolutely necessary.  Shampoo, on the other hand, usually is.  It's not so much about depriving myself for the sake of deprivation as making the most of what I have and remembering to think twice or even three times before I buy something new.


But that doesn't mean I won't be posting about objects of affection in the meantime.  Au contraire.  In fact, I'm going to use this opportunity to reflect on some of the excellent purchases I've made over the last few months and enjoy them all over again.


All of which is a very lengthy way of introducing this my new water bottle:


Why do I love it?


1. It has swallows on it.  (You may have noticed they're a bit of a theme with me.)
2. It saves me from buying bottled water, feeling guilty about it, refusing to buy bottled water and then getting stuck somewhere with no water and also trapped in a cycle of guilt and indecision.
3. Did I mention it had swallows on it?


Water bottle from Earthlust.

No comments:

Post a Comment