Monday 10 January 2011

Happy New Year!

As you can see (at least I hope you can see, otherwise that's a lot of work down the drain) I've been giving the blog a makeover for 2011.  I'm still tweaking it here and there so it may take a few days for it to settle.  The images and inspiration come from the children's book Abroad, by Thomas Crane and Ellen Houghton, published in 1882.


I have one New Year's resolution for the blog which is: if you comment, I will respond.  (Unless you're one of my immediate family, whose comments I reserve the right to ignore.)


As for posting; despite remarks from my nearest and dearest (in tones shading from plaintive to aggrieved to sarcastic) I felt no urge to blog over Christmas. Blame it on an excess of travel (too many miles, too many planes), killer jetlag, an excess of food, delight at being home, snow, flu ... or a combination of all of these.


But now that my blog has a new look for a new year, I think my muse might be waking up.  This morning I received in the post my very own copy of I Married Adventure by Osa Johnson, complete with zebra-print covers.  If that weren't enough to get me writing, I'm getting back on a plane this week (to London) and another next week (to Nice).


In short, I'm back!

No comments:

Post a Comment