Thursday 18 March 2010

I Love Paris in the Springtime


I must have had a premonition yesterday, for why else would I have posted a picture of a vintage poster advertising a concert in Montmartre? I did do all the other things I planned to do, but in the morning, I found myself turning right on Rue Montorgueil and walking north to Montmartre.

I passed one of the few remaining Art Nouveau metro entrances on my way:

I was only ever in Montmartre once before, in December, and a thick mist obscured the view. Yesterday, by contrast, was warm and there were wonderful views.

By the time I got to the top of Montmartre, I had to take off two layers. It was so nice in the sunshine that I found a little park by the Sacre-Coeur and just sat there for half an hour, remembering what it feels like to have warm sun on your face.

You can see the beginnings of green on the trees and everything looks pretty and fresh. I can see why people get carried away about Paris in the Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment