Wednesday 17 February 2010

Inch/Mile etc.


This isn't today's official post (see below) but a rare example of bringing you the news AS IT HAPPENS! It's also a warning.

The Jehovah's Witnesses, clearly delighted to find someone at home last week, were just back. This time the lady wanted to give me all manner of pamphlety stuff and also to read me scriptures.

I've been brought up to believe that politeness is next to godliness: well, here we were - polite next to godly. She declaimed, I listened. She proffered, I declined. 'I'm so disappointed,' she said. But in the interests of the environment I knew I couldn't accept. All of her pamphlets would just have gone into the recycling bin - even politeness has its limits. What about the TREES the poor TREES??

The immunisation -by-Mormon has clearly worn off.

No comments:

Post a Comment