Tuesday 23 February 2010

Chelsea Afternoon

On Friday afternoon, not long after I arrived in London, I went for a walk.

I walked through the back streets of Chelsea (does Chelsea have back streets, really?) to Cheyne Walk and over Albert Bridge, which was looking very pink in the afternoon sunlight.

From Battersea Park, Chelsea Embankment looks Dutch – something about the gables and the barges.

I walked through the park, past the pagoda,

then back over Chelsea Bridge.

Along Chelsea Embankment then up Swan Walk to see the Chelsea Physic Garden. Closed for the winter, it looks very Secret Garden-ish.

Almost at my final destination, I saw this hoarding on Alpha Place – using cut-out paper, a class full of nine- and ten-year-olds had created fabulous pictures based on some of Matisse’s paintings. More hoardings should look like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment