Tuesday 1 December 2009

The Advent Project


I’m several thousand kilometres/miles (Hints to Lady Travellers caters to both metricians and imperialists) away from most of my loved ones this December and the South African postal service is many things, but I’m told ‘reliable’ isn’t one of them – so I’m afraid that almost nobody will be getting a Christmas card or present from me this year.

But since I want you all to know how grateful I am for you and that I’m thinking of you this Christmas, I’ve decided to create my very own Hints to Lady Travellers advent calendar.

Every day from 1st December (today) until 24th December (Zimbabwean internet connections permitting) I will be posting an Advent picture. The pictures are taken from archive – mostly from the last year, but a few from further afield. If I could, I would zap a chocolate to you when you click on the pictures, but the internet has its limits.

Oh, and in case you were wondering, the Advent Project is a supplement, not a replacement, so I will still be posting my usual meanderings about my day-to-day adventures.

2 comments:

  1. But can I award myself a chocolate every time I click on a pic? Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an excellent idea. Please do - with my blessing. Any particular chocolate in mind or will you use this as an excuse to sample a variety? Though I always think the Rococo sea salt bar is a winner.

    ReplyDelete