Friday 23 October 2009

Friday All-Sorts


  1. I was going to make this the subject of a caption competition but then thought – what can you add to this? However, if any of you would like to offer your ideas, please feel free.
  2. I have been in Cape Town for a whole WEEK now. I have climbed Table Mountain, had a braai, gone wine tasting and learned lots of new words (but I’m saving these for a forthcoming post).
  3. My mean face is mostly working.
  4. I think I ate the best samosa of my life yesterday. It’s from Dollar on Albert Road. They don’t deliver though, so you’ll have to come here to test my claim.
  5. To complete my first week of cultural immersion, last night I watched South African tv. A soap, the news, a lifestyle show and three minutes of a comedy show (at least I think that’s what it was) in Afrikaans. South African home-grown tv is not unlike Irish home-grown tv – yes, it’s that bad. Only – wait for it – the ads are even worse.
  6. If you don’t hear from me over the weekend it’s because I have limited internet access. But I promise I’ll be back again on Monday morning.
  7. That is all.

1 comment:

  1. I told you the soaps were amazing! There's one that's like Days of Our Lives, but is mostly in Zulu. I recommend heartily.

    ReplyDelete