Wednesday 30 September 2009

Le Goûter


Bon après-midi!

Le Goûter has always been one of my favourite French concepts. When I was an au pair, Madame Maniere and I would occasionally sit down to tartines of sliced baguette, buttered and filled with squares of milk chocolate. Oh là là.

The other day at goûter time I introduced Gregory to Nesquik. Gregory, Nesquik; Nesquik, Gregory.

I had some too, just to see if it was as good as I remembered.

Num, num, num.

[PS I am back from my road trip, which got pushed back a day. Why? Well, it turns out that Gregory wasn’t perfecting his impression of Darth Vader, he actually had croup. As in Anne of Green Gables. So Eithne’s Hospital for Sick Children was once again open for business yesterday. But GK is better today and I took off … full details and photos tomorrow!]

No comments:

Post a Comment